Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resoluting

I love resolutions.
I love setting goals, making plans, and proving to myself and anybody else who cares that I can achieve them.
I love how making resolutions forces you to reflect on your life, to live consciously, and to continue to challenge yourself and keep on growing.
I love that it often means you are starting over, starting fresh, beginning anew.

But I never make New Year's Resolutions.
Instead, I make birthday resolutions.  My birthday is at the end of January, so I have about a month to see how the new year is going and make thoughtful and meaningful resolutions.

This year, however, something got into me.
I think I left India in a bit of a flurry;
a lot was going on, and I was feeling like things were flying from my grasp.
I realized that I needed to be more organized.

And there I had it: a resolution.
Which turned into another one
and another one
and before you know it,
I had resoluted quite a few things.
And yes, I am completely aware that the verb is "resolve"
not resolute.
But I like resolute, so I shall keep it that way.

My resolutions?
My resolutions are all about intention.
Being intentional.
And being the type A,
concrete sequential person that I once was
(I'm recovering)
I know that all goals (resolutions) must be
SMART
and won't be accomplished without a plan of action.

So.
In 2013,
Let's be intentional.

I'm going to be intentional about
1. Being organized
    (Got a planner...and I'm using it!)
2. Living healthily
    (Bought a blender so I can get my fruits and veggies!)
3. Saving money
    (Made a budget...and I plan to keep it!)
    (I also may join my super awesome best friend in resoluting to not buy any new clothes this year...thoughts?)
4. Doing more art
    (Dedicate time each week to writing and crafting)
5. Falling in love with Jesus, heart mind and soul
    (Check out this scripture memory plan from Ann Voskamp! Want to join me?)

Yup, 2013's the year of being intentional.  And although these 5 are at the foundation, the action plans will likely become webs of thought and activity.

So thankful for a new year!  What hopes or resolutions do you have for your 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment